Young M. Clayton

Young M. Clayton
"Tell 'em the Game don't change just the players.. Tell 'em the city don't change just the Mayor's.." Guess Who's Back -FMOS

Friday, April 10, 2009

Black Man!!!!!

So people if you have been following me you know that I am a progressive young man who is all about helping out his fellow brother/sister. I love anything or anyone who is about "keeping it real & right". So in my travels I've come across A Super Dope poet/writer name Tracey Renee!!! she also has a blog http://mebeinganonymous.blogspot.com/ which I frequently visit to get my daily dose of realness. So I decided to post one my favorite poems that she wrote entitled "Black Man" I just thought I would share with this....


Enjoy!!!!

Black Man...
I know you have the world on your shoulders.
The weight of society
Heavy as boulders.
Don't walk willingly into an iron cave.
State inmate number the brand of the slave.

Black Man...
Pride makes you hide pain behind your eyes
Bravado spills from your lips to replace the cries.
Still a warrior in this concrete jungle.
Respect to those who remain humble.
Fight off the urge to self-destruct.
Those who seek your destruction are out of luck.

Black Man...
I look to you when I feel weak.
In your words is where I seek.
The answers to my questions.
Your advice and suggestions.
My partner. My other.
The Earth toned brother.

Black Man...
It’s not a necessity for you to go to college
Your divine wisdom is truer knowledge.
Teach me this game called life
to watch my back for that pending knife.

Black Man …
Misunderstood.
And stripped of your good.
Erased out of history.
His essence-a mystery.
Strength beyond heaven and Earth.
Baby, I know your worth!
Even if they try to make you forget.
I remember that on the throne is where we first met.

Black Man...
I yearn to lie in your arms,
To fall victim to your charms.
When you lay next to me,
There is no place else I would rather be.
Sharing me, becoming we into a manifestation of three.
Destiny. Family.

Black Man…
I thank God for you each night in prayer.
For the time we share.
I understand that a Black Man like you is rare.
The love of a mortal man could never compare.

No comments: