Young M. Clayton

Young M. Clayton
"Tell 'em the Game don't change just the players.. Tell 'em the city don't change just the Mayor's.." Guess Who's Back -FMOS

Friday, April 3, 2009

Progressive Hatred!!!!!!




When I say Progressive Hatred I am not talking hate that starts small and grow larger. NO! What I am talking about are black folks that hate on other black folks that are doing well. Don't get what I'm saying. Grab a seat. Light up and let me explain...


I was riding the train not too long ago and overheard a young black kat spitting his opinion to his homeboy. Unfortunately for me he was yapping so loud that he drowned out my Ipod. So fuck it! I turned off my headphones and gave his words my full attention. What I heard made me wanna spin dude around in his seat and pimp Mack him across his face for the sheer stupidity of his words.

"Barack Obama doesn't represent REAL black people!"

WORD?

According to dude, Barack doesn't represent black people because he is not Black enough. Barack is not Black enough, according to THIS dude because Barack has a college degree, went to law school and had two college-educated parents.

WORD?

The unfortunate thing about this young man's point of view is that it's entirely false. U Lazy ignorant azz bastard! Anyone with a computer can Google Barack and find out that he is the product of a single mother who at one time received food stamps. The future Mr. President was racially ostracized in different environments because of the color of his skin-TRANSLATION-he was called a nigga same as the rest of us. Mr. President attended college just like I did---he received financial aid!! Shyt. Michelle told audiences all about her husband’s lack of money-he just recently paid off his education due to proceeds from his 2nd book deal!

This shyt bothered me on so many levels! I had to control myself from not butting into the conversation and setting dude straight. How stupid do you sound, right now, son? It's not so much that this guy had the details wrong about the president. That is just regular stupid. I can forgive regular stupid. What funk’s ME up about the whole thing is that dude specifically thought that having a college degree, two parents and some aspirations excludes a person from being BLACK?

Aight. So you tell me, Fam!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE BLACK IN AMERICA?

Think about that before you answer me.

Does being BLACK ENOUGH mean that you are a project dweller that has never laid eyes on your biological father? Is being BLACK ENOUGH a guarantee that you will be either dead or a parent by the age of 18 but not a high school grad? Does being BLACK ENOUGH in America mean that you are the lowest of the low and will forever keep holding on to self defeating thoughts and non existent motivations that has caused many Blacks to live self fulfilling prophecies and become their own "MAN" that's holding them down?

What does it all mean? This whole topic takes me back to my childhood, son. I was hated on. HATED ON. They called us...

The Huxtables



I am still a little tight about that too!! For those who know me, yall know I am a pro-active dude. I wanna uplift my peoples so it pains me to get grief about the fact that my parents did the dam thing by providing a house for us to live in while also tucking a few nickels away so me and my sis could both attend college.

Now---If my memory recalls correctly us as black folks at one time in history wanted an education so badly that we opened our own universities and college specifically for US =BLACK PEOPLE! As a matter of fact, I attended a HBCU myself. And no, I didn't just waltz into the school cuz I had connections. I attended a junior college first. I learned the ropes and then transferred in. Oh, you didn't know you could do that? Yeah. You can.

REAL TALK. Why should I get grief from the likes of a Black person that chooses not to pursue any goals in life? Why?
What did my parents do that is the cause of so much hate? It's like the ignorant dude on the train talking about BAM. Blacks feels some type of way about other Blacks that carve out a progressive existence rather than buckin’ and shuckin’ and crawling through life like others? Shit, even a person crawling has the means to get up on their feet and run the race. If your fuk'd up did it ever occur to you that it might be because you CHOOSE to be fuk'd up? Don't hate on me for having just a lil bit of aspiration.

Why should I get grief because my parents bought a house? I have never lived in a project. I have no issue with the people that do live in the Pj's for whatever reason but at some point in time wasn't it part of the 'American Dream' to own your own home? If it wasn't part of the American Dream then wasn't it a smart money move to make for the tax benefit? How about owning a home meant that Dad gets a garage to sit in with his drinking buddies and a place for him to work on his car and Mom can finally have a garden all her own. What's so evil about obtaining a little patch of grass for your kids to run barefoot through? I was teased for living in a house! Someone will need to explain this to me because I still don't get it.

I caught grief for attending college. Word? Did you know that anyone could register to attend a jr. college? It doesn’t matter whether you graduated from high school or not. No matter what-they let you in the door. They had counselors and teachers that helped you as much as you wanted and needed. They get you up to speed while not letting you know that were NOT up to speed, feel me? After graduating from Jr. College, I transferred to a HBCU (Historically Black College or University for the slow folks). I can't for the life of me figure out why more young Black people don't go to college. You have nothing better to do. AND you get semi-private dorm rooms, meet other cool people, chase all the pretty girls you want, all you can eat free food, plenty of parties, drugs (especialy Chronic) if you want it, liquor all day---all on the government's dime...what’s not to like?

In exchange for the 4 year party all you gotta do is put down the blunt and the liquor, pull your meat out your current smash partner and occasionally hand in some papers and/or take a few tests. Midterms and finals come only twice a semester, son. The professors actually remind you of the test dates AND give you a handy syllabus highlighting the topics to be discussed! It's not so hard, cuz. AND once you are done with college and Mom and Dad have taken pictures and told you how proud they are of you then comes the good part.....

You can live like a Rock-Star from here on....

Why should I get grief because I rock fly gear. I wasn't born fly you know, coming up we had the basics. Don't get to thinking things weren't thin sometimes because they were. We had the cheap stuff at times. Buying a house takes focus and sacrifice after all. But once I started pulling my after college paycheck I caught up for lost time. I stay crispy and freshly dipped. Why? Cause I can afford to do so without having to worry about the Feds running up on me or how much time I might do in exchange for the opportunity to rock real GUCCI and BAPE.

Don't give me any grief because I am doing me. I am chasing my dream and running up on that bytch too. A little hard work never killed anyone. After all. What makes you think you shouldn't have to work for anything in life? Nigga, you ain't special. Don't nobody owe you nothing.

I am not sure what the American Dream means to black folks anymore. When did failure become synonymous with African American? When did hating on progress take the place of pursuing goals and reaching further? My great grandfathers back hurt from the beatings. Your great great grandmother had to watch bodies hang from trees tied with Klan rope. Obama’s ancestors wore chains and were beat with bullwhips too. In America you are free to dream and become anything you want. You don't have to share my version of my dream. But please don't hate on those of us who choose to be old fashion and make our wildest Dreams become reality.

You can only become an equal citizen if you choose to walk upright and see yourself as an equal citizen. You hate on progressive blacks because every example of our achievements goes against your internal belief that you are, indeed, inadequate. And you know what? Maybe you are inadequate. But please don't think your version of what it is to be black is the same as mine.

Don't hate...Participate.


Deuce's!!!!!!!!

No comments: